This week I am in a 50 hour Ayurvedic Certification.
I will be spending 9 hours a day being a sponge of fascinating education. Education that will guide me in the continuation of healing myself while healing others.
A portion of my day will be filled with “Flow.”
Movement that will match my Mind Body and Soul with an emphasis of going deeper into Self Discovery. Along with alternative healing modalities, diet, cleansing practices, & lifestyle choices to say the least!!!I know through my choices, I can make this week hectic or run smoothly. I choose SMOOTHLY!!
My thought process goes as follows:
- Healthy Breakfast
- Prepare lunch for Jack
- Quiet drive into the city
- Healthy dinner & connection when I arrive home at 8pm
- 7-8 hours of sleep
You noticed what I thought about? Nourishment!!! What foods & a lifestyle tools will fill my body, mind, and soul as I take in new information. The last thing I want to find myself doing is rushing here and there picking up snacks, ordering in dinner, not connecting with Drew and having Jack eat Chips all week!! Not happening….
“There are no secrets to success. It is the result to preperation, hard work and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
Preparation….goes a long way! As you can see it is not all about the food, more about the WHOLE picture. Having ritual, structure, discipline, & connection to self and others. These disciplines will act as my best friend allowing me open up to more Opportunities & Possibilities.
So, here’s one of my Quick & Easy Tools of Preparation. A Simple Clean and Whole meal….which not only is delicious, but makes your house smell like home and your tummy warm & toasty.
Recipes: Easy Grass-Fed Bolognese
- 2 lbs of grass fed ground beef (you will taste the difference)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 vidalia onion…chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves…chopped
- 4 cups of raw spinach …chopped
- 2 tablespoons of chopped or dry basil
- 1 bottle of Nanina’s Marinara
- A rind of a parmesan chunk
- 1 tablespoon salt
*All ingredients are Simple Clean and Whole NO preservatives, NO sugar, NO gluten, NO soy
- Place olive oil in a 10-12” sauté pan & add the onion
- Sauté on med heat until onions start to become transparent
- Add garlic for 5 minutes & turn off heat
- Remove mixture & set aside
- Add chopped meat to the existing pan & sauté on med/ high until meat loses it red color
- Add onion & garlic mixture to the meat
- Pour 1 jar of sauce into the pan
- Add salt & parmesan rind
- Simmer for 30 minutes to 4 hours
- Add chopped spinach & turn off heat
- Add basil & serve
You can have this dish over spaghetti squash, Tinkyada brown rice pasta, or a bed of sautéed veggies…Protein & Fiber filled meal that can be eaten right away or stored away in portions to freeze…I will be having this meal one night over my favorite brown rice pasta, and a second night over sautéed veggies…
More tools to come!!!