Could there be a healthy fat?
Oh yes there can…
It’s called Ghee….
It looks like butter, it’s made with butter, it kind of smells like butter, so how healthy can ghee really be?
Ghee traditionally used in Indian cooking and is commonly referred as clarified or drawn butter. One tablespoon of ghee is equal to 4 tablespoons of butter.
“Ghee is made from a natural source which is butter, and because of the way it’s prepared, the lactose and milk protein content is so minimal…making it better tolerated by those with dairy sensitivities”… -Ari Patel
I absolutely LOVE ghee’s benefits…
- Ghee possesses butyric acid, which actually decrease inflammation in parts of the body, particularly your gut and aids in nutrient absorption
- High in healthy Omega 3 oil which can help decrease your levels of unhealthy cholesterol.
- Ghee is easily digestible for this with dairy intolerance concerns…what more can I say!
I have been experimenting with ghee for the last year, and have found many recipes that include its deliciousness!!! My favorite to put a teaspoon in my morning oatmeal….OMG!!!!
I have included many recipes with Ghee in my Deep Dive Winter Cleanse. Ghee is the perfect accessory for that comfort and warmth we all crave in the winter season….kind of like a warm cozy blanket! A little healthy fat always curbs my sugar cravings!
You can find grass-fed ghee at your local food store, and to boot it does not have to be refrigerated, since there is no dairy, and essentially is a healthy fat.
Please remember Ghee is an addition to a Simple Clean and Whole healthy lifestyle since it is a fat…everything in balance & moderation!!!
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2-3 cups of water
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup raisins
- ⅔ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cardamom
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan, melt the ghee.
- Add the oats, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Allow the ghee to coat the oats and spices.
- Add your water & bring to a boil, reduce heat to med-low.
- Add raisins.
- Cover and let cook until desired texture.
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds
Come experience cooking with ghee in a safe & effective way on the Simple Clean and Whole Winter Deep Dive Cleanse! The Pre-Cleanse starts this Sunday, February 1st 2015.